Saturday, February 13, 2010

Brighton





Since we didn't have kids the week before Christmas we took a friend trip up to Brighton and stayed at the lodge with Jackie, Chad, Luke and Nicole. We had dinner and then tried to break in to the hot tub but since we are not as young as we once were we couldn't get over the fence!!! LOL We got up early and went snowboarding. Kevin has never been skiing or snowboarding before and he was all nervous. We get to the top of the mountain, Chad told him what he needed to do and Kevin squats on down and goes down the hill as fast as he possibly can!! Hello safety first. Me on the other hand (being a skier) did not do so well. Once I learned how to move my board and how to get up when I would fall down, I did quite well. Until I landed so hard right on my tailbone.... I was done after that. Kevin kept going and has found a new sport that he loves. It was nice to just go and sit in the lodge after I wounded myself and sit by the fire with friends. This coming year Kevin wants to get a snowboard and go a lot more. Me on the other will continue with just skiing. Much safer, we all know how I can be!

No comments: