Monday, November 17, 2008

Wow

OK so I know it's shocking but I'm going to get a little personal. So I did my tag post that Amy sent over and at the end there was a part of 8 things I wish for. #3 Complete Peace... Who knew that yesterday in Sunday School my teacher would prepare for his lesson all week and then half an hour before he was to teach he had a prompting to throw the lesson out the window and shoot from the hip. Well what do you think the lesson was on........ Having complete Peace!! I am always so amazed at how he teaches. I have never been taught about the church the way he has taught me. I know I tell my mother over and over again how wonderful he is but seriously he makes it so simple that it all makes so much sense. I would try to retell the lesson but I would I'm sure slaughter it and it would not come out as profound as it did yesterday. But the biggest thing was PERFECTION the Hebrew way and PERFECTION the Greek way. My how the world as just adapted and latched on to the Greek way. The Philosophies of men. How Perfection is a perfect marriage, perfect health, perfect job, perfect anything..... Um hello no one is perfect that is why we are here. We can never ever be perfect in this life and that is why if you think this way you will fail. Now the Hebrew way the way of the Prophets... the word perfection does not come up. Instead the world LOVE is replaced... you can have a wonderful marriage, wonderful job, great health but at times you will feel an emptiness you will feel incomplete. You are feeling "The Fall" from our Heavenly Father. We were surrounded by his love for so long and to have to come to earth and not have it right in front of us is more than some of us can take. So we search the earth for something we can see and touch.... We will never find that complete peace in anything or anyone here on earth. To feel and find complete peace is to just go back to him. To open your arms and go back to your Father... He can't physically come back to us because he is celestial and he can not come to a terrestial world, but his spirit can be here. You can actually wrap your arms and engulf your body in his love. There and only there will you feel that complete peace..... You are not perfect you will never be perfect... your marriage will never be perfect... you will not be the perfect mother... you will not have perfect success.... but you will have peace..... I know easier said then done, but He is always there it is us who shuts him out. So today just close your eyes for a minute, wrap your arms around yourself and just ask him to be with you. Feel the warmth that comes over your body and his love will surround you, best of all feel the COMPLETE PEACE.

7 comments:

rubyroberds said...

thank you so much for sharing that Wendy, I needed to hear it and it is a blessing to be reminded of peace...Mom

Kirsty said...

k2lonUh, thanks for making me cry! No really. I did what you said and I loved the immediate sense of calm and love that came. And I love that we can have perfect peace. Something to remember! Thank you so much for being personal today. Just what I needed. And I love that your SS teacher was so willing to throw it all out the window and teach from his heart. Sounds like a great class.

Kirstin

Becky said...

Thanks Wend. Loved this post. Love you!

The Gooch Family said...

This is fantastic. Thanks for sharing, Wend. It reminds me of a thought Amy had on her blog. It says, "Peace: it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble of hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."

Liz said...

add me to your stinkin list: mackaymadness.blogspot! oh yeah sista

Tara and Bryce Raleigh said...

Hi Cousin!! We miss you!! Thanks for the awesome lesson! Love you so much keep in touch!!!!

Angie said...

You are my sunshine! Got to love those "ah ha" moments, those moments where a light blub turns on, and those moments where you say to yourself, "I get it". You are in my thoughts today and I wanted to let you know how special you are to me!