Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cancer Free Now.


Well I had my surgery on my Thyroid and it was cancer so they removed the whole Thyroid. I was a little upset to hear that it was cancer because i realized this is something that you can not control. I had every blood test run that you can imagine and every single thing came back just healthy as can be. So to hear that I had a tumor that was cancer I felt a little angry that this is something I could not stop. Now that it is out and I have started my medication I feel soooooo much better!! Oh my goodness I have energy and I am not eating every 2 minutes. So I guess it was a blessing in disguise that we found it so that I could start on a medication that could help me. I have recovered very quickly and had so much help from neighbors, my Mom and Kevin of course. Here is a picture of how big my incision was.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Yea! Love you! So glad you're feeling better. Welcome to the blogosphere!

Melisa said...

Wahoooooooooooo! So proud of you, the blog looks great. Make me cry...with the comments on the side. Can't wait to be updated...regularly I HOPE:) Love you!

The Gooch Family said...

YEAH! I am so happy to hear all is well. We look forward to keeping up with everyone in this strange thing called blogosphere!

Fame said...

wendy! so glad to hear youre healthy! what an odd thing to throw into a crazy life. yes- i joined the blogging world just last week as well and think its hilarious! but a great way to keep in touch with everyone. i'm just down the street, pretty much, so it you need anything- i'm available! love ya!